Linn County is rich in natural woodland beauty and in Kansas Civil War history. The county also is progressive in solid waste issues, with high citizen participation in recycling and other programs.
Transfer Station & Construction Debris Landfill
4183 Vernon Road, Prescott, KS 66767
Mon-Fri 8 AM to 4 PM
Linn County residents may take their recyclables to one of multiple convenience centers located throughout the county. These centers are located in:
Prescott Transfer Station
Linn Valley (open to Members only)
Accepted materials include the following:
• Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
• Paper: newspaper, magazines, office paper, books (Please remove the covers on hardback books)
• Tire Recycling. (Please cut out the side walls)
• Construction debris, furniture, mattresses, box springs, etc. NO paint cans, oil bottles, caulking tubes, plastic toys, household trash, electronics, light bulbs, or clothing.
• Clean Rubble: concrete and brick. NO wood
• Brush and Tree limbs. NO boards.
• Compost: Grass clippings, leaves, plants.
Household Hazardous Waste
4067 Vernon Road, Prescott, KS 66767 (Noxious Weed Building)
Mon-Fri. 8 AM to 4 PM
Acceptable items include the following;
• Oil-Based & Latex Paint
• Household Cleaning Chemicals
• House and Garden Pesticides
• Waste Oil